As a series of global tastings kick off on October 1, taste the winners of the 2012 Decanter World Wine Awards in Mumbai at Juben Wine Cellar and Tasting Room.(Pictured left.) Open to everyone, the connoisseur and the curious, alike, the Global Tastings programme presents a minimum of 16 DWWA Medal and Trophy winning wines in over 85 different venues around the world.
In India, you can taste a rotating selection of wines and consult expert staff before you buy at Juben Wine Cellar and Tasting Room, Level 2, Shoppers Stop, Dynamic Mall, Juhu, Mumbai 400 049. Enomatic wine dispensing machines allow the wines to remain in perfect condition for up to three weeks. The wines can be enjoyed fresh, by the glass.
Listed below are the selected award winning wines:
• Jacob’s Creek, Riesling, South Eastern Australia 2011 Australia – Commended
• Saint Clair, Premium Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 2011 New Zealand – Bronze
• Albert Bichot, Vide Bourse, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru, Burgundy 2010 France – Bronze
• Robert Mondavi, Woodbridge Chardonnay, California 2010 United States – Bronze
• Torres, Viña Sol, Cataluña 2011 Spain – Silver
• Brancott Estate, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 2011 New Zealand – Commended
• Torres, Viña Esmeralda, Cataluña 2011 Spain – Silver
• Gérard Bertrand, Réserve Spéciale Chardonnay, Vin de Pays d’Oc, Languedoc-Roussillon 2011 France – Bronze
• Brancott Estate, Pinot Noir, Marlborough 2011 New Zealand – Commended
• Rosemount Estate, District Shiraz, McLaren Vale, South Australia 2011 Australia – Bronze
• Piccini, Chianti, Tuscany 2011 Italy – Commended
• Torres, Gran Sangre de Toro, Cataluña 2009 Spain – Bronze
• Saint Clair, Estate Selection Pinot Noir, Marlborough 2011 New Zealand – Bronze
• Man Vintners, Shiraz, Coastal Region 2010 South Africa – Bronze
• Torres, Mas La Plana, Penedés 2008 Spain – Silver
• Georges Duboeuf, Beaujolais-Villages, Beaujolais 2010 France – Commended
To find other global tasting venues, go to http://www.decanter.com/topics/all/530182/global-tastings.