Pairing food and wine is not just a challenge when it comes to Indian food. Chinese food is also difficult to pair. Here are a few tips that may help. We’re not sure whether this applies to “Indian Chinese” though. You tell us!
* For spicy dishes, try a white wine like Gewürztraminer.
* For rich dishes such as shanghai meats and broths, serve a red wine like Bordeaux.
* For heavier dishes, such as roasted meats and fowl you can serve a burgundy wine like as Pinot Noir or Merlot.
* Cantonese dishes go well with Rieslings,
* If you are serving a delicately flavoured canton dish try pairing it with a Chenin Blanc.