|Earlier this month, Sommelier India had the distinct pleasure of participating in a special wine tasting organized on the occassion of the visit of the Primum Familiae Vini (first families in wine) to India. They are the most prestigious association of great wine producers in the world. The event was organized by Sanjay Menon of Sansula.|
It was held at the Rendezvous, Taj Mahal Palace & Towers, Mumbai. The first familes of wine are below with their representatives who attended in brackets.
1. Marchesi Antinori (Alessia Antinori)
2. Chateau Mouton Rothschild (Baroness Phillipne de Rothschild)
3. Joseph Drouhin (Frederic Drouhin)
4. Egon Muller (Egon Muller Jr.)
5. Hugel et Fils (Etienne Hugel)
6. Pol Roger (Hubert de Billy)
7. Perrin – Chateau de Beaucastel (Jean-Pierre & Francois Perrin)
8. Symington Family of Ports (Paul Symington)
9. Tenuta San Guido – Sassicaia (Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta)
10. Torres (Miguel Torres Jr)
11. Vega-Sicilia (Pablo Alvarez)
You’ll find many more photographs of the event in the next issue.